New research shows that childbirth is still much deadlier for Black women — even those with the highest incomes. A new podcast retells a Bridgeport hate crime. And the Green Book for Black motorists during the Jim Crow era.
On this week’s show:
- Childbirth is Deadlier for Black Families at Any Income, Study Finds
- Green Book Exhibit Explores Life for Black Motorists During the Jim Crow Era
- ‘You Didn’t See Nothin’ Podcast Revisits 1997 Bridgeport Hate Crime
- Mission Possible: Makerspace Nation Offers Competition for $30,000 School Makerspace in Chicago
- City Colleges of Chicago Announces Timuel D. Black Jr. Scholarship and Fellowship