As the snow falls, we take a deeper dive into what causes that “lake effect." The veterinary drug linked to a high level of opioid deaths in Cook County. And the issue of mental health front and center in the Chicago mayoral race.
- WTTW News Explains: What Exactly Is Lake Effect Snow?
- Push to Reopen Public Mental Health Clinics Closed 11 Years Ago Defines Another Chicago Mayor’s Race
- Cook County Sees 17% Spike In Overdose Deaths Tied to Veterinary Drug Xylazine. Harm Reduction Groups Say Its Presence Is Spreading.
- García Edits First Television Ad to Remove Uniformed Chicago Cops After Probe Launched
- Woman-Owned Gym in Waukegan is Reshaping Fitness Ideals