The first installment of our new series, Permanent Punishment, about life with a criminal record. The mayor’s election year budget address. Boiling down recycling in Chicago. And the Supreme Court’s next term.
- Flush With Cash, Lightfoot Proposes Election Year Budget with No New Taxes, Fees
- Permanent Punishment, Part 1: Nearly 1,300 State Laws Prevent People with Criminal Records from Moving On After Serving Their Sentences
- Permanent Punishment Discussion: Barriers to Reentry
- While Chicago Recycling Rate Remains Stubbornly Low, Advocates and Officials Eye Improvements
- As New Term Starts, Supreme Court Welcomes the Public and a New Justice