How to improve wages — and lives — of low-wage workers. Plus, how Google is investing in Black tech entrepreneurs in Chicago, R. Kelly is convicted and an Englewood native uses art as therapy.
Brandis Friedman hosts.
On this week’s show:
- Report Finds Black Workers Overrepresented in Low-Wage Roles
- For Many, Split R. Kelly Verdict Is Long-Awaited But ‘Bittersweet’ Moment
- Local Black-Led Tech Startups Get Funding Boost from Google
- Ramsey Lewis, Chicago-Born Jazz Great Who Continually Evolved, Dead at 87
- New Exhibition Celebrates Chicago Artist Who Finds Healing Through Expression