Mayor Lightfoot and indicted 50-year Ald. Ed Burke get standing ovations on their final City Council meetings. Mayor-elect Brandon Johnson visits Springfield. And community members weigh in on a new police superintendent.
On tonight’s show:
- End of the Burke Era: A 54-year Political Reign at City Hall Comes to a Close
- Brandon Johnson Claims Mandate to Reshape Public Safety, Pledges to Partner with General Assembly
- Residents Call for Police Accountability, Systemic Change at Forum on New CPD Superintendent
- Lightfoot Watches in Silence as Departing City Council Members Laud Her, Each Other at Final Meeting
- Photographer Kwame Brathwaite Captured Black Beauty, Power in the ‘60s and ‘70s