City inspectors cited 13 bars and restaurants as well as nine fitness centers for failing to enforce city rules designed to stop the spread of COVID-19 by requiring all customers to present proof of vaccination, officials said Tuesday.
The businesses were cited between Jan. 3, when the vaccine mandate took effect, and Jan. 16, according to a statement from a spokesperson for the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
Each business was issued two citations, which will trigger a hearing before fines ranging between $100 and $10,000 can be imposed.
The city's order requires anyone who is older than 5 to show proof of vaccination to enter a restaurant, gym or entertainment venue.
Chicago officials also require that masks be worn in all indoor settings.
The following restaurants were cited for violating the vaccine mandate, according to city officials:
- Captain Hooks, 1600 W. 13th St.
- Hollywood Grill, 1601 W. North Ave.
- Kamehachi, 1531 N. Wells St.
- L & G Restaurant, 2632 E. 75th St.
- La Quebrada #3, Inc., 5100-02 S. California Ave.
- McDonald’s, 10 E. Chicago Ave.
- Outdoor Grill, 3265 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- The Halal Guys, 49 W. Division St.
- China Ho Restaurant, 5151 S. Pulaski Road
- La Borra Del Cafe Delaware, 10 E. Delaware Place
- Moretti's, 6727-33 N. Olmsted Ave.
- Acanto, 18 S. Michigan Ave.
- Indio Cocina Mexicana, 3930 W. 63rd St.
Other businesses cited were:
- Goldfish Swim School of Wicker Park, 1930 W. Hubbard St.
- Kids Empire, 4938 S. Kedzie Ave.
- Reach Fieldhouse, 1601-03 W. Chicago Ave.
- Snap Fitness, 24/7, 1212 S. Michigan Ave.
- Vianna Brothers Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, 2128 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Planet Fitness, 4327-31 S. Pulaski Road
- Hybrid Martial Arts and Fitness, 3933 N. Elston Ave.
- Foss Swim School, 3026 N. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago Fit Dance Mi Lindo San Jose, 3507 W. Chicago Ave.