Gearing up for his second term after a brutal election season, Mayor Rahm Emanuel picked a transition team filled with familiar names, including Chicago Transit Authority President Forrest Claypool and businessman Michael Sacks.
Sarah Pang, senior vice president at CNA insurance, leads the dozen members as transition chair. Pang served on Emanuel’s first transition team in 2011 and as former Mayor Richard M. Daley’s first deputy chief of staff. David Spielfogel, a top aide to the mayor, will serve as transition director.
According to a news release, “issues to be examined by the team and discussed with residents could include expanding full-day pre-k, driving economic growth in our neighborhoods, strengthening neighborhood schools, establishing core protections for working families, expanding investment in public transit, and improving police and community relationships.”
The transition team members are:
- Sarah Pang, Transition Chair; Senior Vice President, CNA Insurance
- Frank Clark, President, Business Leadership Council
- Forrest Claypool, President, Chicago Transit Authority
- Gillian Darlow, Chief Executive Officer, Polk Bros. Foundation
- Deborah Graham, Alderman, 29th Ward
- Sol Flores, Executive Director, La Casa Norte
- Dorri McWhorter, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
- David Munar, President and CEO, Howard Brown Health Center
- Jorge Ramirez, President, Chicago Federation of Labor
- Juan Salgado, President and CEO, Instituto del Progreso Latino
- Michael Sacks, Vice Chair, World Business Chicago