Northwestern University Athletics Vice President Jim Phillips joins us on Chicago Tonight at 7:00 pm to talk about the state-of-the-art athletics facility coming to campus -- and a Wildcat football team on the rise.
On Sept. 15, Northwestern University announced approval by the Board of Trustees of plans to build a major complex for athletic and recreational activities, and a new parking structure on the north end of its main Evanston campus. Watch the full press conference in the following video.
The new complex will include:
• A multipurpose/indoor practice facility with seating for 2,500.
• A diving well that will be adjacent to the existing swimming pool.
• An outdoor practice field for varsity sports, club sports and intramurals.
• Locker rooms, fitness and weight rooms, sports medicine facilities, meeting rooms and offices.
• A 1,200-space parking structure. The first floor of the building will contain fitness studios, weight rooms and other areas for exercise and recreation.