Hidden Movie Palaces
Chicago Tonight | April 26, 2011 7:00 pm
Geoffrey Baer takes us inside a decaying West Side building that was once Chicago's first movie palace. He also shows us several better-known theaters, where, 80 years ago, Chicagoans watched silent films in style.
- The ultimate guide to classic movie theaters
- Elmhurst-based Theatre Historical Society of America
- Lost Palaces: A Gallery of Old Movie Theatres
- Silent Film Society of Chicago
- Chicago Area Theatre Organ Enthusiasts
- History of the Chicago Theatre
- Friends of the Uptown Theatre
- To Purchase the Documentary "Uptown: Portrait of a Palace"