About the Candidate
Name: Denarvis C. Mendenhall
DOB: March 24, 1978
Occupation: Political Candidate
Political Experience: B.A. Degree in Political Science; Campaign volunteer with Cook County Democratic Party.
Hello. My name is Denarvis Mendenhall, candidate for Illinois 7th District Congress.
My goals for the office I seek are to:
1. Provide funding for conflict resolution and better community policing programs to eliminate gun violence, carjackings and all other crimes that plague our communities.
2. Implement programs that will prevent and eradicate illegal drug use and overdoses.
3. Take the "Green Initiative" to start an anti-littering campaign, and create jobs to keep our communities clean and free of trash and debris.
4. Work towards building community centers that will encourage and empower our youth through educational, social, and recreational programs. And,
5. Work to establish tax-relief programs for the working-class and their families.
Thank you for listening and please vote for Mendenhall.
Why are you running?
Because my conscience tells me that I have a moral obligation to empower our youth and revitalize the communities of the Illinois 7th Congressional District; To rid them of gun violence, drug use & overdoses, and economic deprivation.
What does this office do well, and what needs fixing?
Does Well: The current office funds many "quality of life" programs for Senior Citizens and Ex-offenders. Needs Fixing: There should be more programs and community centers to empower our youth; Pay more attention to, and provide funding to revitalize the communities of the 7th Congressional District that are plagued with Gun Violence, Drug Usage & Overdoses, and Economic Deprivation. The Congressional Representative should be more accessible to constituents via community meetings.
What is the most pressing issue facing your constituents and how do you plan on addressing it?
The most pressing issue is Public Safety. I plan to establish and fund programs for conflict resolution and better "Community Policing" to help eliminate gun violence, car-jackings, and all other crimes that plague the neighborhoods of the Illinois 7th Congressional District.
What specific steps would you take to ensure your office is accessible and responsive to your constituents?
I will open up my schedule for constituents to make appointments to meet with me and voice their ideas, issues, and concerns. I will also hire staff whose primary job will be to answer constituent phone calls and reply to their written correspondence.