About the Candidate
Name: James T. “Jim” Marter
DOB: Jan. 2, 1963
Occupation: Software Consultant
Political Experience: Twice elected and current Kendall County GOP Chairman; GOP State Central Committee Deputy IL-14 Congressional District; Elected Oswego Library Board Trustee; Republican Precinct Committeemen; Serve on Advisory Board of Illinois Conservative Union, Former Steering Committee member of Illinois Center Right Coalition. Website: www.Marter4Congress.US
I’m Jim Marter, running for US Congress in the 14th District.
My beautiful wife Jill and I have been married 36 years, both raised in Illinois. we raised our four children here, and have grandchildren here.
We’re staying to fight for Illinois!
I know what matters to you, to protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These are the foundation of our American principles!
I have hope for a better future, because I know - together, we can take our country back, but Our nation and values are under assault.
Congresswoman Lauren Underwood does not agree with these principles. She has failed to denounce anti-American statements and anti-semitism by Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.
She has failed to keep America safe and secure the border. She and the Democrats have failed the business community, fueled Inflation on the America Worker with out-of-control spending, shuttered our energy sector, killing the American Dream.
My plan is simple. Set our economy on a firm foundation of growth. Dismantle Biden’s policies that robbed us of our energy independence, bring back American energy, and stop the policies fueling inflation.
Defend our rights and freedoms, secure our border, protect our votes, and protect parents’ rights for their children in our schools. In Congress, I will be relentless in my pursuit to reduce the size and scope of the government, end waste, fraud, abuse, and balance the budget.
I’m endorsed by Congresswoman Mary Miller (IL-15), she’s a Conservative House Freedom Caucus member, the Taxpayers United of America and 110+ national, Illinois GOP, and elected community Leaders!
President Ronald Reagan gave us a mission and a warning…
“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.”
I’m Jim Marter running for US Congress to put you the American citizen first, to save America and the American dream!
God Bless You! God Bless America!
Why are you running?
My name is Jim Marter, and I am running for US CONGRESS in the 14th DISTRICT to represent you.
My beautiful wife Jill and I have been married 36 years. We were both raised in Illinois and we raised our four children here, and now have grandchildren here. We’re staying to fight for ILLINOIS!
I’m in the race for the same reasons that matter to you, to protect LIFE, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of Happiness. These are the foundation of our American principles!
I have HOPE for a better future because I know together, we can take our country back, but Our nation and values are under assault. Rep. Lauren Underwood does not agree with these principles. She votes 100% with PELOSI & BIDEN, she’s a friend and cohort of the SQUAD.
Underwood has failed:
• to denounce anti-American statements and antisemitism by Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.
• to keep America Safe and secure the border while she served on Homeland Security Committee.
• the business community and fueled Inflation on the America Worker with her support of the out-of-control spending in Washington, and the shuttering of our energy sector.
What does this office do well, and what needs fixing?
Congress is BROKE, WOKE, and getting BROKER by the day. It simply does NOTHING right anymore. EVRYTHING needs FIXED!
My plan is simple.
• Set our economy on a firm foundation of growth. Dismantle the Biden policies that have robbed us of our energy independence and bring American energy back and stop the policies fueling inflation.
• Protect our rights and Freedom by: Securing our border, protect our votes, Individual liberty, medical choice from the assault of mandates, and protect parents’ rights for their children in our schools.
• In Congress, I will be relentless in my efforts to reduce the size and scope of the federal government, end government waste, fraud, abuse, and work to balance the budget. The out-of-control spending of our political class is robbing future generations of the American Dream.
We must eliminate Omnibus spending bills, eliminate earmarks "AGAIN", eliminate pay to play, and plan the budget on zero-based budgeting philosophy, with Activity based accounting principles, and fiscally responsible conservatism, watching over it with the eye of a hawk!
I’m running for US CONGRESS to protect LIFE, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I will defend our values, to SAVE America and the America Dream.
Sign up on my website www.Marter4Congress.com
What is the most pressing issue facing your constituents and how do you plan on addressing it?
1) Inflation, the hidden tax on the America Worker.
2) The devaluation of the US $ dollar. Stripping away the wealth of all Americas and hitting retires on fixed income the hardest.
3) the open boarder, rampant human trafficking and drug smuggling which is responsible for the deaths of many thousands of Americans every single year.
4) Government overreach on lockdowns, mandates, and unconstitutional violations of our right to privacy and our own heal care choices
5) Parents rights to control over their children’s education, without forced indoctrination of leftwing ideology from CRT, to 1619, to the Sexual grooming and indoctrination of our children (e.g. IL SB618)
STOP the Washington DC Spending SPREE! Bring back America Energy, put us back to Energy independence, with American jobs.
Finish Building the WALL! End Catch and Release, Deport Criminal illegal aliens, No Amnesty, implement E-verify, End Sanctuary Cities and States! Arrest, charge and convict criminal Cartels, and the connected enablers.
Re-stablish the individual American Citizen’s rights under Federal Law to ensure that no President, Governor, or other government executive can take away any individuals right of Health Conscience, right to an advocate, and right to make their own decisions, ever again.
Defund the Department of Education and all funds and grants for CRT, 1619, and programs promoting Sexual Indoctrination or our Children.
What specific steps would you take to ensure your office is accessible and responsive to your constituents?
1. Establish enough office locations in District with regular staffing on normal business hours. And I will commit to being available at the office(s) a considerable number of hours each quarter, when not in Washington DC, or on related travel.
2. Establish a system to take messages in any form, verbal, written, etc. and track and ensure response to each person, with continued follow-up when necessary.
3. Ensure a robust up to date system, website, email list, regular mail, etc. of providing both information on my activities in Congress and method of direct online communication between constituents, my office and myself. Including a mechanism to register and complaints and suggestions on any matter.
4. Make sure my staff, is personable and engaging in a positive manner with every constituent who reaches out in good faith and with common courtesy, and even in most cases when that does not occur.
5. Plan to be available for public forums and events through the district on a regular basis, throughout the calendar year.
6. Publish the types of services a Congressional office, can and typically does for constituents, and what can be done on various issues, and typical matters and timeframes for response and/or resolution.